First Aid Rescue Work
FIRST AID RESCUE WORK
All companies with more than 20 employees are obliged to have one rescuer per group of 20 people.
The SST is a training course for the personnel of a company, the prevention of occupational hazards but also for first aid actions.
The Rescue Worker is an employee, able to intervene on one of his colleagues, in case of accident, directly in the workplace (office, site, etc…).
COMPETENCY AREA 1 :
Be able to intervene in an accident at work
- Be able to situate the legal framework of his intervention
- Be able to achieve adequate protection
- Be able to examine the victim(s) before/ and for the implementation of the chosen action for the result to be achieved
- Be able to alert or alert depending on the relief organization in the company
- Be able to rescue the victim(s) appropriately
COMPETENCY AREA 2 :
Be able to apply SST skills to prevent occupational hazards in your company
- Be able to situate their SST role in the organization of the company’s prevention
- Be able to contribute to the implementation of prevention actions
- Be able to inform the persons identified in the company’s prevention organization plan of the hazardous situation(s) identified
FIRST AID ATTENDANT AND EMPLOYER RESPONSIBILITY
Civil liability  may be incurred when the victim of an accident claims reparation against the rescuer for the damage he or she suffered as a result of an awkward intervention by the rescuer.
However, several cases are to be distinguished:
- SST intervenes in favour of one of the employees of his company who is the victim of an accident at work: neither the civil liability of the rescue worker nor that of his employer are engaged. The workers’ compensation scheme provides that the victim is entitled to a flat-rate compensation for his damage, in return for which he cannot bring an action for civil liability against his employer or his colleagues;
- SST intervenes with a person outside the company in the course of his work: the employer can see his civil liability engaged ;
- SST intervenes outside the scope of its work, like any citizen, it is civilly responsible for any damage caused by its relief action.
In all cases, whether the accident takes place in the company or outside, the criminal liability of the rescuer may be engaged:
- if he voluntarily refrains from bringing to a person in danger the assistance which, without risk to himself or to third parties, he could lend to him ,
- il he causes death or incapacity for work to a greater or lesser extent, by awkwardness, carelessness, carelessness, negligence or breach of a duty of safety or prudence imposed by law or regulation .