SURVEILLANCE AND WATER RESCUE
Biarritz Sauvetage Côtier
The diploma of “Surveillance et Sauvetage Aquatique sur le Littoral” gives you the possibility to monitor bodies of water in natural environment, open to the public free of charge, landscaped and regulated (ex: beach, lake,…).
You must hold PSE1 in order to register for the SSA.
Receive your diploma once you graduate from PSE2 and BNSSA.
Equipment required: Open-Boot Fins, Neoprene 4/3 Wet suit
The purpose of the Aquatic Surveillance and Rescue teaching unit is to provide every learner with the complementary skills necessary to ensure prevention missions, monitoring and rescue in the particular context of bathing places in the natural environment, which are open to the public free of charge, and which are provided for and regulated.
- Perform an analysis of the specific risks present on his area.
- Situate its role and mission within an evolutionary system and adaptable to the conditions of the moment.
- Develop preventive actions adapted to the risks and practices in your area.
- Participate in a monitoring system by implementing appropriate operational techniques and possibly implementing specific equipment.
- Participate in a coordinated rescue operation, in or in the immediate vicinity of the area, using appropriate operational techniques or specific equipment.
- Perform appropriate first aid actions.
Theoretical classroom and practical training in ocean and sand.
- Use the means of communication;
- Perform a rescue without equipment;
- Carry out a rescue with fins;
- Perform rescue with tube buoy;
- Perform a rescue with the tube buoy and line;
- Perform a rescue with the board;
- Taking out a victim’s water;
- Perform an exit from the water of a traumatized victim;
- Handling a wildlife-related accident;
- Manage a drowning incident;
- Take charge of a thermal accident.
Duration: 28 hours minimum
The only prerequisite for entry into training is the presentation of a valid medical certificate.
However, the candidate may only be certified holder of the “SSA L” when he has met the following requirements:
- Hold the BNSSA up-to-date on continuing training;
- Hold the PSE2 up-to-date on continuing training;
- Complete the SSA L training;
- Have correctly performed, during the learning sequences, all the techniques and procedures discussed during the training;
- Have demonstrated, during the scenario sequences, the achievement of all the objectives of the training, in terms of theoretical, practical and behavioural abilities.