DISCOVERY TRAINING COURSE
“In the shoes of a Lifesaver”
During autumn holidays, our club propose discovery training courses to surf lifesaving.
From Monday 25th to Friday October 29th, we welcome young age of 8 to 16 years old, at the Port-Vieux beach.
Training will take place every morning, from Monday to Friday, from 10:45 to 12:15 (from 11:00 till 12:00 on the beach).
The training course starts on a Monday of every week, which introduces to the sport and explains the week course.
The trainee lifesavers will discover the ocean and the different rescue techniques and first aid (boards, tubes, R&R…) And they also will become aware of the ocean environment.
The program: Team spirit and good vibes!
- Introduction to the ocean.
- Safety Awareness.
- Understand the wind, waves, and rips.
- Observe and be aware of its environment (take care of others)
- Understand waste degradation and the need of use of the sorting bins.
- Understand the meaning of the flags.
- First Aid initiation (basics).
- Surf Rescue techniques:
- Board rescue
- Rescues Tubes
Surf Lifesaving techniques
- Board rescue technique
- Rescue Tubes swimming technique
- Towing of a patient with a rescue board
- Towing of a patient with a rescue tube
- Towing of one or more patients with R&R technique (depending on the ocean conditions and staff)
Whether it is to initiate to the surf or with the perspective of integration the surf lifesaving academy next season, this course is a great beginning toward the surf lifesaving.
After a summer rich in learning, we invite you to the autumn holidays
for new training courses “in the shoes of a lifesaver”