DISCOVERY TRAINING COURSE
“In the shoes of a Lifesaver”
During summer vacays, our club propose discovery training courses to surf lifesaving.
From Monday July 5th to Friday August 27rd, we welcome toddlers between age of 8 to 16 years old.
Training will take place every morning, from Monday to Friday, from 9h15 to 10h45 (from 9h30 till 10h30 on the beach).
The training course starts on a Monday of every week, which introduces to the sport and explains the week course.
The trainee lifesavers will discover the ocean and the different rescue techniques and first aid (boards, tubes, R&R…) And they also will become aware of the ocean environment.
The program: Team spirit and good vibes!
- Introduction to the ocean.
- Safety Awareness.
- Understand the wind, waves, and rips.
- Observe and be aware of its environment (take care of others)
- Understand waste degradation and the need of use of the sorting bins.
- Understand the meaning of the flags.
- First Aid initiation (basics).
- Surf Rescue techniques:
- Board rescue
- Rescues Tubes
Surf Lifesaving techniques
- Board rescue technique
- Rescue Tubes swimming technique
- Towing of a patient with a rescue board
- Towing of a patient with a rescue tube
- Towing of one or more patients with R&R technique (depending on the ocean conditions and staff)
Whether it is to initiate to the surf or with the perspective of integration the surf lifesaving academy next season, this course is a great beginning toward the surf lifesaving.
To register for a summer initiation course, we thank you for filling out the form below.